Usually, the word comfort does not rhyme with heels. However, wedge combines both comfort and heels to produce a beautiful combination. For lovers of heels, you need not worry about discomfort anymore. This is possible because the wedged sole evenly shares the weight of the body, in addition to giving a fashionable appearance and great walking experience.
While the heels of typical high-heeled shoes are directly under the heel of the foot, the wedge has its heel running under the whole foot to midpoint or front. Some give height than others, and some are also dressy than others. It is left to you to decide wisely so that you don’t ruin things.
Things to Consider When Picking Wedge Heels
There are boxes to tick when you decide to get a wedge heel. Here are some of them;
- Height: Just like the high-heeled shoes, wedge heels also come in different elevations or inches. There is no fear of going higher than four heels since it is very comfortable and sturdy.
- Style: You can choose whatever style and color you wish. However, neutral hues like grey, brown, black, and white, bring less attention to your legs, unlike other bright colors. You also get to choose if you want close pump foot, peep toe, chunky heels, platform wedges, espadrilles wedges, and so on.
- Occasion: There are different wedge heels at different times. Every woman wants their shoe to rhyme with their outfit since it is all about balance, and your shoe overwhelming your outfit is unattractive. For instance, you can rock wedge heels for a wedding and decide against it for work, especially if you have a busy work environment. In all, finding the appropriate shoe for the right moment is the key.
Best Styles for Wedge Heels
Wedges tune to some outfits than the other. So, you have to be careful when pairing them with outfits even though they are versatile. Here are some outfits you can rock wedge heels with;
- Wrap dresses
- Short skirts
- Bohemian styles
- JumpsuitsMaxi skirts
- Wide or flared pants
- Pencil skirts
Pros and Cons
All things have advantages and disadvantages; the same applies to wedge heels. However, have in mind that the benefits outweigh the cons because it does more good than harm.
- Like every other heel, wedge heels also increase height.
- Highly fashionable and elegant.
- They’re eye-catching, classy, especially when worn for formal occasions.
- They are very much comfortable and more relaxed to walk in than silhouettes.
- Looks great when paired with any outfit, leaving you satisfied and happy about your choice.
- Complements your figure and shape, giving a slimming appearance for all to admire.
- Portrays your leg in a good light.
- Avoid running in them because they are still heels after all.
- It looks awkward or inelegant when worn with super tight clothes.
- A wrong choice in the appropriate heel thickness that fits your body structure turns out to be a disaster.
- Finding elegant wedge heels can be a challenge at times compared to silhouettes.
Now, there is no reason you can’t own one or two wedge heels as it has been confirmed above that there is nothing to worry about. You can now comfortably rock your black wedge heels with any outfit to present a classy front.